Skip Navigation

This table is used for column layout.

Fuel Assistance Program
South Middlesex Opportunity Council (SMOC)
SMOC's Fuel Assistance program helps eligible customers with their winter heating bills. Also known as the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), the program can provide financial assistance to income eligible applicants. To learn more about LIHEAP, visit, Fuel Assistance Overview. For more information about SMOC, visit or call 1 (800) 286-6776.
The Uxbridge Council on Aging will help you apply for the Massachusetts SMOC Fuel Assistance Program. You will need the following documents to apply for fuel assistance: This page may be printed to use as a checklist when preparing to apply for Fuel Assistance. Print by pressing the control key and the letter P together.
Household information:
  • Names, birthdates, and Social Security numbers of all household members
  • (Social Security numbers are used to check income information, but are not required for eligibility)
  • Picture I.D. for the head of household
  • Proof of address
Income information:
You need to provide proof of income for the past 30 days for all household members who are 18 or older. Depending on your type of income, this may include:
  • UBS Investments
  • copies of pension checks
  • copies of disability or SSI checks
  • unemployment or workers' compensation stubs
  • bank interest statements
  • copies of child support checks
  • if self-employed, entire copy of your most recent tax return - signed and dated
  • if you pay st
  • have rental income, a copy of your most recent tax return or proof of rental income and expenses.
Utility information:
  • copy of current heating bill showing the name on the account, the account number, service address, rate, and amount
  • if you rent your home and heat is included in your rent, a copy of your lease or a statement from your landlord that heat is included. Also your landlord's name and phone number.
  • if you live in subsidized housing (such as Section 8), a copy of your lease
  • proof of last year's heating costs, to see if you qualify for the high energy benefit
  • names of your electric, gas, and telephone companies and your account numbers
Zero income households:
  • There are special documentation requirements for households that claim zero income or very low income.
More Related Information

Detail Detail
Town of Uxbridge, 21 South Main Street, Uxbridge, MA 01569
Phone: (508) 278-8600