The purpose of Social Distancing is to keep people as physically separate as possible – at least six feet is advised by public health officials - in order to help slow the spread of COVID-19. The community as a whole is urged to follow these guidelines as closely as possible, and to share with friends, family members and especially children.
- STAY HOME AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.
Effective Tuesday, March 17, restaurants, bars, cafes and other eating establishments are closed until April 17. Some are allowing take out options ONLY, others are completely closed. Please call ahead, as many restaurants have changed their hours.
- USE FOOD DELIVERY SERVICES AND TAKE-OUT OPTIONS. Restaurants and cafes may be closed but many are offering take-out options and partnering with online delivery services. For delivery service, practice proper hygiene during hand-off…wash your hands after contact or use “leave at my door delivery” options, to protect delivery persons and yourself.
- IF YOU MUST LEAVE HOME FOR NECESSITIES, GO AT NON-PEAK TIMES, KEEP DISTANCE FROM OTHERS IN STORES, KEEP VISITS BRIEF, AND GO ALONE IF POSSIBLE.
Grocery stores and pharmacies remain open so people can shop for necessary food and medicine. These stores are following strict cleaning protocols. Please assist them in this service and help keep their employees healthy by not standing closely in line and keeping six feet (6’) between you and other shoppers, keeping visits brief and avoiding shopping in groups or with children. If you are ill and need someone to pick something up for you, please reach out for assistance.
- FOLLOW PLAYDATE GUIDANCE, RULES FOR KIDS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.
Playdate guidance and rules for children vary. If possible, parents and caregivers are encouraged to follow the “no parties, no playdates, no playgrounds” guidance. If childcare options require playdates, opt for families/trusted situations as much as possible, practice good hygiene, and clean any high-touch surfaces as much as possible. Children should limit interaction with individuals over 65 or those with compromised immune systems. Per Order of the Board of Health, gathering of more than 10 people are prohibited on Town Property until further notice. Residents are asked to exercise, walk dogs and enjoy other activities individually and not congregate. Fields and parks should not be used for pickup games of any kind. Families and children should not be using play equipment.
FOR OLDER KIDS: Encourage older children to stay home as much as possible and connect through social media, cell phones and online platforms, games, etc. Uxbridge Public Schools is providing links to online learning and other educational video platforms. https://www.uxbridgeschools.com/
- FIND ALTERNATIVE WAYS TO DE-STRESS AND TAKE CARE OF MENTAL HEALTH NEEDS The Coronavirus situation is causing stress for everyone in our community! Find ways to decrease this stress to help you stay physically and mentally healthy. Many gyms and fitness centers have moved to online classes. Uxbridge’s open spaces remain open, for people to walk, jog and get outside (please respect social-distancing guidelines of six feet).