The Board of Health was first notified of a confirmed case of COVID-19 in Uxbridge on March 24th. There is evidence of community spread of COVID-19 in Uxbridge so all residents should adhere to the following to protect themselves and our community:
- Follow the “Stay at Home” advisory
- Practice social distancing (keeping a distance of six feet from others) and avoiding gathering of 10 or more people
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands and washing your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds or longer, and use a hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol if soap and water are not available
- Cover coughs and sneezes, throw tissues away and wash your hands immediately afterward
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
The Board of Health is working closely with other town officials on the town’s response to COVID-19, the disease which is caused by the novel coronavirus. This is a rapidly evolving situation. The healthy and safety of town residents and our community are our top priority. Please review the links on this page for information on COVID-19.