On March 24th, the Uxbridge Board of Health was notified of two confirmed cases of the Novel Coronavirus (also known as COVID-19) in Uxbridge. A CodeRED message was issued at approximately 11AM. The transcript is attached below.
The Board of Health strongly urges all residents to adopt the following measures:
- Follow the “Stay at Home” advisory issued by Governor Baker on Monday;
- Practice social distancing by avoiding groups of ten or more people and keeping a distance of six feet from others;
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands;
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds or longer, and use a hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol if soap and water are not available;
- Cover coughs and sneezes, throw tissues away and wash your hands immediately afterward; and
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces such as door handles and cell phones.
More information on how to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and Frequently Asked Questions and Answers are available on the town’s new webpage www.uxbridge-ma.gov/COVID-19. This page also includes information on support services for residents and businesses and volunteer and donation opportunities, and it will be updated daily. If you have questions that can’t be answered with online, please contact the Health Department at 508-278-8600 extension 8.
The health and safety of residents and the community are the top priority of all town officials. By working together and supporting each other we will meet this challenge.