Summary of Responsibilities
- The Uxbridge Historical Commission was established in 1966 for the preservation, protection and development of the historical or archeological assets of Uxbridge.
- To support enforcement and awareness in statues or ordinances governed by vested authority.
- The commission will facilitate research and surveys of the historical resources of the town.
- Offer advice on the protection of the historical resources of the town.
- For the purpose of protecting and preserving historic places, it may make recommendations as it deems necessary that locations be certified as an historical or archeological landmark.
- The commission will facilitate cooperation between the other history-minded groups in town.
- Keep an inventory of historic resources of the town.
- Provide information on the historical resources of the town, for those who inquire.