Currently, there is no vaccine or specific treatment for COVID-19. It is important all residents take proper precautions to avoid getting sick.
The virus is thought to be spread mainly person to person through respiratory droplets that are produced when a person coughs or sneezes. Here are some tips to protect yourself and your loved ones. There are more tips on the CDC website. Watch the below video for more information.
- Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds with soap and rub your hands until they are dry. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol, covering all surfaces of your hands and rubbing them together until they feel dry.
- Put distance between yourself and others. Practice Social Distancing.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes. Throw tissues away and clean your hands afterwards.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Stay Informed. Visit the CDC, WHO, and MA DPH websites on COVID-19 for updates.